Structural Consultants, Inc. (SCI), established in 1977, is a full service structural engineering consulting firm located in Denver, Colorado. We offer comprehensive design and consulting services to architects, owners, developers, general contractors, sub-contractors, fabricators and suppliers. We have extensive design experience in the commercial, medical, educational, hospitality, financial, industrial, and recreational industries. We offer unique design services in the areas of renovation/rehabilitation, and specialized medical facilities to house sensitive equipment such as MRI’s, Linear Accelerators, and Gamma Knives. Detailed attention to our clients’ needs is a hallmark of our highly personalized service. We deliver sound, creative engineering conveyed through clear concise documents. We are an industry leader in employing Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) processes.
SCI is seeking a an individual with the following qualifications to join our staff as a Building Information Modeler:
- 0 to 5 years of experience in creating and managing 3-D structural BIM models utilizing TEKLA, or Revit Structure, or similar 3-D modeling software.
- Experience in, or desire to learn how to model all structural components to fabrication tolerances.
- The ability to share and coordinate models with other design consultants, contractors, detailers and fabricators.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of office production and file sharing applications.
- Enjoys working as part of a collaborative team.
- A natural curiosity and passion for technology and process change.
- 2-year degree in applied technology based on a drafting and modeling curriculum.
- Familiar with a variety of construction material systems including, concrete, steel, masonry, wood.