Structural Consultants, Inc. (SCI), established in 1977, is a full service structural engineering consulting firm located in Denver, Colorado. We offer comprehensive design and consulting services to architects, owners, developers, general contractors, sub-contractors, fabricators and suppliers. We have extensive design experience in the commercial, medical, educational, hospitality, financial, industrial, and recreational industries. We offer unique design services in the areas of renovation/rehabilitation, and specialized medical facilities to house sensitive equipment such as MRI’s, Linear Accelerators, and Gamma Knives. Detailed attention to our clients’ needs is a hallmark of our highly personalized service. We deliver sound, creative engineering conveyed through clear concise documents. We are an industry leader in employing Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) processes.
SCI is seeking an individual with the following qualifications to join our staff as a Senior Project Engineer:
- A motivated learner and problem solver, with good written and oral communications skills
- Enjoys a collaborative work environment, in the office or on the job site
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience as a structural engineer
- A registered P.E. in the State of Colorado, or the ability to obtain by reciprocity
- The ability to manage assignments for multiple projects
- Experience in preparing calculations for analysis and design
- Experience with shop drawing review and job site observations
- Interested in developing project management and client relationship skills
- Must be skilled with a variety of commercial analysis and design software, including RAM Structural Systems, RISA 3D, SAP, ETABS, Enercalc, TSD and TEDDS.
- Proficient with office production software, including Word, Excel, Mathcad, Bluebeam.
- Good technical skills, still under development, with a variety of structural systems and materials
- A Master of Science Engineering degree in civil-structural or structural engineering preferred
- Experience with viewing/navigating Revit Structure and TEKLA models preferred